Troop 944’s December overnight trip, on the Battleship New Jersey, is coming up. Here are the details:
- Where: 62 Battleship Place, Camden New Jersey
- When: December 2-3 (Saturday- Sunday)
- Arrive: 4:00-6:30PM Saturday
- Departure: 9:00AM to 12:00PM Sunday
For more information on the trip, what to bring, and the history of the ship click here for the event flyer.
This week is the Troop 944 annual community blood drive on Thursday, November 16. To make an appointment to donate blood click here.
Scouts who would like to sign up to volunteer for the blood drive or the scout bake sale, make sure to sign up at Wednesday’s meeting.
Tomorrow (October 28, 2017) is the Charter Organization Clean Up at Bethany Church. It counts as a conservation service project which is needed for advancement. Boys and adults are needed, and scouts should wear activity shirts.
Also, bring wheelbarrows, rakes, shovels, pitchforks, and gloves if you have them. It usually ends at around 1 to 2 PM, when the mulch runs out. There will also be sprinkle donuts and hot dogs for breakfast and lunch respectively. See you there!
The next camping trip is the rappelling trip at Sugarloaf Mountain. We will be camping at Turner Farm on Friday and Saturday night. There is optional zip lining on Sunday afternoon, which grub masters will have to prepare a packable lunch.
Costs: camping and rappelling: $10; camping, rappelling and zip lining: $35
Zip lining waiver, Zip lining Directions, and Rappelling Trip Event Flyer
Our annual community wide blood drive will be on Thursday, November 16th. The link to sign up is HERE. You can donate blood at the drive if:
– You are 16 years or older and are in general good health
– If you are 16, you will need a permission form signed by a parent or guardian
– Have enough iron in your blood (so eat a lot of spinach during the days before our blood drive!)
Troop 944 will be assisting in the operation of the drive and having a bake sale. Look for information soon for signing up.
troop 944 Blood Drive event flyer
October 28th- It’s once again the time of year where we support our chartering organization with the fall clean up on October 28th. Donuts for breakfast and hotdogs for lunch are included!
This weekend (from Friday night, the 20th of October, to the 22nd) Troop 944 will be participating in the annual Webelos-O-Ree.
Where: Lookout site of Camp Saffran in Broad Creek Scout Reservation
Arrival: Any time Friday afternoon
Dismissal: By 8:30 AM on Sunday morning
We are again demonstrating Bones and Moulage First Aid. The nights will be cold, so remember to bring warm clothes.
The next troop campout is shooting sports at Broad Creek Memorial Scout Reservation. There will be archery and rifle shooting at the range. Webelos ll scouts are welcome but can only shoot archery. Here are the details:
-Camp Saffran- Jamestown Adirondack area
-Cost is $15 -camping and archery and rifle or $5 for just camping
-BSA medical forms are needed and permission slip signed
Camp Saffran Map and Event Flyer
Your webmaster has been working hard to update our current troop site and it’s finally here! Pretty soon your current link for our troop website will forward to this new site. In the meantime you may explore this website and see what it has to offer.
Some of the benefits of the new Troop 944 Website include:
- Modern and current blogging WordPress platform allowing more flexibility to communicate and access to plugins and widgets offering customized options for our site.
- The ability for Scouts to write and submit articles they would want to include perhaps for their leadership positions or for merit badges.
- Mobile Friendly from Smart Phones and Tablets.
- Logical user interface for our Webmasters to maintain and update the site.
- Easily searched FAQ’s and Document Resources.